12.05.2009

Seven months!

Alexander,
Today you are seven whole months old! Your momma is quite perplexed by the fact that we are already here. You are growing up so fast. Every day is a new day with you, never the same as the last. Now, with most things that is great but I would rather your nap schedule settle out here soon. You are still quite content to stay in one place and don't do much by the way of rolling around or scooting although I know you can. I think your crazy brother gives you plenty to watch and you figure you need not expend any energy with that sissy stuff. Believe me, I am content with the stillness because I know the endless movement will begin soon and then it will be all over.
You are taking to eating well and love your evening meals. Although, in recent days you have decided to hone in your taste and decided that vegetables really aren't that great after all. Cheerios are a hit though and you are getting very good at using your pincer grasp to pick them up and get them to your mouth.
Sleep, well, that is a whole different story. You go to bed nicely at about 8pm but continue to wake 1-2 times a night. I give in any time between 5 and 6 am, feed you and put you back to bed. You wake happy and refreshed around 8:30 am. There are never a lack of smile with you in the morning. For that, I can do anything.
You are a very social baby and will strike up a "conversation" with anyone who gives you eye contact. If we had a dollar for every time someone told us you were such a sweet baby, we would be rich! And we agree! My favorite new thing is the fact that you are beginning to notice momma and when I am not there. When I come in from a long day at work you hear my voice and start kicking your legs and screaming. When I get closer you throw your arms out and give me the biggest smile. Melts my heart every time! I like to think that it is more than you just wanting to nurse :)
Alexander, you have been a perfect addition to our family. We are so excited and thankful to be celebrating this holiday season with you. We love you little man!
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: