8.06.2010

Uncharted Territory

You know, some parents dread the infant stage, wishing it away for the fun and interactive stage of the toddler and school age child. In becoming a parent I have learned one thing for sure... I can do babies with my eyes closed, it's the 5 year old that I am struggling with. Give me a colicky, non-sleeping, irritable infant and I can handle it. Hand me a whiny, misbehaving, back talking, gun loving 5 year old boy and I am lost. I am not one to pick up books, but rather I do what works for us. Well, the books have been opened. Hopefully they will shed some light on parenting a five year old boy with more love and less yelling.

In an effort to get out of the house and have fun we headed to the zoo with friends Janet, Colin and Alexa. In true Tyler fashion these days there were some breakdowns and some defiance but we survived. Just when things seem like they couldn't get any worse Tyler redeems himself with his witty commentary on life. Thank goodness for that!







Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Susie Maxwell said...

Great pics! The boys are adorable! Just wanted to share that I read the 'love and logic' books over and over for help with our kids! Its some great stuff!

Susie Maxwell said...

Here's the link to that book I was talking about:http://www.amazon.com/Love-Logic-Magic-Early-Childhood/dp/1930429002/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1281242249&sr=1-2

"love and logic magic- early childhood" birth to 6

Another good one is "how to have a new kid by friday" by Kevin Leman