9.12.2010

Nobody said the paparazzi would be there!

Success!
Tyler James is officially a kindergartner... and loving it! I will admit that I was the teeniest bit sad the first day but after seeing the smile on his face when I get to go pick him up it was well worth the worry. He was so ready for this and is thriving in the learning, strucure and friendships that school is providing him. The best part is that this has helped us get over an incredibly hard hump that summer provided us with. His behavior is SO much better and I actually feel like a decent mom again. I tell you, there is nothing like a back talking, fit throwing, whining five year old to take away all your confidence as a parent.
The only part he is not so fond of is being woken up at 0715. Somehow I can't blame him, especially now that it is still dark when we get up. His usual morning greeting for me is "no, I am not getting up! It is still night time." as he pulls the covers back over his head. I feel ya kiddo! It ain't my cup of tea either.
The first morning was quite the site. It was literally 80 plus parents clamoring to get shot of their little ones as if they were celebrities walking the red carpet. There was shoving, pushing and wall climbing, all in the name of getting that perfect first day of school picture. And yes, you better believe that I was in there with my super zoom lense clicking away as my little one crossed over the threshold into the next 9 years of his life. It's a very smart thing that they don't let us camera crazed parents past the front doors... we might never leave.
Not only did my first born start kindergarten but he lost 2 teeth this week... Thanks to Claire and a pillow!
It's really starting to set in that he IS growing up and there is nothing that I can do about it but embrace each moment, the good and the bad, because I will never get these back.



Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

No comments: