2.04.2011

I run…

Because that’s just what I do.

I ran until 9 months while pregnant with Tyler.

I ran until 8 months pregnant with Alex.

Not because I LOVE it, not for that “runner’s high” that rarely comes (especially when pregnant) and most definitely not because I am good at it.

I run because I love the way I feel when I am done.

I run because it gets me out of the house with this little one.

I run, he watches Elmo.

I run, that’s just what I do. But for some reason the little bean has different plans. Apparently that’s just not what he does. Nope, he does everything in his power to get me to not run. The last few weeks I have gotten increasingly harder thanks to this little man. He has found it quite fun to use my bladder as a trampoline. Now my runs are not planned by what scenery I would like to take in on a particular day but rather how many bathroom stops I can plan along the way. Lucky for me I have Magnuson park in my backyard. A park where there is a port-a-potty, a bathroom, or a tree (yes, I have contemplated it) every 100 yards. Today on my 5 mile “run” I managed to hit up 4 of them!

So for now, little man, the score is

Mommy: 1

Bean: 0

…and I still run!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Heidi Bruch said...

Thinking of you. I ran up to 35 weeks with Caroline and it made a world of difference postpartum for me....I gained a gazillion pounds with Hayden. Hope you are still able to do it. I almost peed on the Burke gilman about 20 times;)