11.04.2012

A slap in the face...

 The boys have me at my wits end.  Their fighting, their bickering, the constant tattletaling and crying has nearly caused me to do things I am sure would not win me the mother of the year award on numerous accounts.
But you know what, I'll take it.  Because every night I get into bed ready to blog about my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day and then I look at this blog and my heart breaks.  I take a deep breath and thank God that I get to hear the noise of chaos coming from my three crazy boys.  It's not fair.  No mother should have to endure the loss of a child.  No mother deserves to feel that pain.  I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like.  I just wish there was something I could say, or something I could do to take the hurt away.  But I can't.  I can't bring her baby back.
What I can do is hold my babies tight.  Be thankful for every moment I have with them.  And cherish the chaos that is my life because it is precious and every day is a gift.  
This is why I can't blog.  Whatever I may have to say about how tough my life is right now pales in comparison to the loss of a child.  

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Well said.

Kickin' it Landis said...

What a beautiful post!! I could have said the exact same thing...in fact I've thought about it a ton. Keep holding those babies cause God has given you each and every day. You're a fabulous mom! and I'm sure a fantastic nurse!
-Heather

Jon & Kathryn said...

That's such a good reminder, Jen! You're not alone in how you've been feeling, trust me.