4.21.2013

Three weeks

Three weeks as a family of six... Yes six!  It still feels so weird to say that.  It still feels unreal to look into the eyes of my very own little baby girl.  This wasn't supposed to be.  She wasn't supposed to be. There is not a day that goes by that I don't thank God for giving her to us.  That is the only way I can describe her, a true gift from God.  
Evie is not the easiest baby, but not the toughest either.  She is not the best sleeper but most definitely not the worst.  She loves to be held, hates to be nudie and let's us know when she wants to eat.  She tolerates her brothers constant movement, poking and noise and has proven she won't get lost in the crowd.  She is perfection.  She completes our little family in such a perfect way.
As with each and every one of my kids, I hate to see the, grow up.  It all goes too fast.  I don't want these baby snuggles to end.  Yes, there is so much to look forward to, but there is no hiding that this is my very favorite.  Just look at what I do for a living.  This being my last I want to have no regrets, no I wish I had's or I should have done that's.  I am drinking in every moment of her, of all my kids.  I watch them and take in every bit of who they are today without worrying about what they will be, or won't be, tomorrow.  I have my moment, sure.  But my goal in life from this day forward is to live for today, have no regrets and love like there is no tomorrow.  
Life is so precious.





1 comment:

katy said...

i am just so happy for you jen! she is beautiful and perfect and i can only imagine how completely in love and overjoyed you must be. sending lots of love and hugs your way. xoxo