7.18.2008

We're gonna miss our daddy!

Well, today was the day! Tyler and I picked Dan up from the Law office and drove him down to Kent for his annual training. It was not a fun day! Tyler was in tears begging daddy not to go. This is only the beginning, that is the hardest part of it all. To get me through this I just keep telling myself that after all of this is over our lives will finally begin. These last 2 years have been years of chaos for us. With me working, Dan in Law school (and everything that goes along with that), the national gaurd and on numerous boards I can't remember much of what has happened. As Dan continually reminds me... life will not be easier or less chaotic, just different. But as long as we can have our daddy/husband more present in that life I will be happy for anything that comes our way. This has been and will continue to be a very emotionally challenging time for all of us. Who is to know how Tyler is going to react to having Dan gone for a year. I don't think any of us can really know what it is like to have a daddy missing from our lives for a year unless we have been through it. All I can do is be the best mommy possible and support him through it. And that is what I plan to do. We are eagerly awaiting the end of all of this so we can be a family. We love you Dan/Daddy!!

No comments: