11.09.2008

He is safe and sound!

On the Dan front... he has arrived in Balad safe and sound.  I talked to him this morning and he seems to be keeping very busy getting things set up.  The conversation was quick but he promised me communication would be better now that he was at his base.  I will keep updating as I get information although, most of our phone conversations seem to center around what Tyler has and has not done rather than what he is up to.  Can't let him feel like he is missing out on the joys of raising a 3 year old boy you know!
On the home front...  Tyler and I just returned from a weekend in Lake Chelan with Lolo and Jeff.  I can't say it was the most relaxing weekend as Tyler didn't sleep well while we were there and it showed in everything we did.  A minor break down on my part saturday night was the highlight of the trip.  We had a fun movie night planned with brownies and all when Tyler chose, for the millionth time that day, not to listen.  Following through with discipline is no fun when all you want to do is have a fun night with your child.  Needless to say, Tyler was sent to bed and missed out on movie night with the adults.  I hate being the bad guy all the time!
Despite the many ups and downs of the weekend we were in the company of great friends and that made it great.  Thanks Lauren and Jeff for putting up with us for the weekend!
Doing the big puzzle with Jeff in Lake Chelan


Tyler playing with his Army guys


No comments: