1.21.2009

Do we have to go home?

Ok, so where have I been...  I will tell you where I have been.  Thoroughly enjoying 85 degrees weather with 2 of my most favorite gal pals in the world in Ojai, Ca.  And did I tell you that I was childless for 3 days?!  Thanks to Tyler's wonderful grandparents I was able to shop, talk, stay up late, wake up late, go out to dinner, go for a hike and relax 'til my heart was content.  Too often we get caught up in daily life and don't get a chance to stop and enjoy ourselves.  Well, this weekend was all about me... and Kathryn and Margaret.  It was a girls weekend just when I needed it most!  It has been decided that this will be a annual girls weekend from this year forward.
I guess Tyler lucked out to as he was able to hang with his 2 favorite people riding horses, tractors and lawn mowers, finding chicken eggs, swimming in hot tubs (and maybe pooping in them ;) feeding animal galore and most of all being spoiled.  It broke my heart when I came home to hear him say "no mommy, go away".  Guess I see where his loyalty lies!   
But now we are back to grind and counting the days until May 3rd when daddy gets home and the newest member of the family makes his appearance.  Tyler has a special m&m jar to show the days until daddy gets home.  I know we are both wondering if we eat a few extra each day, does that mean daddy will get home faster?  I wish it worked like that.  We miss him like crazy!

No comments: