1.26.2009

Happy 5th Anniversary Dan!

5 year! How is that possible? I don't feel old enough to have been married for 5 year let alone have 2 little boys. Although, the time has gone quickly, I can't imagine having spent it with anyone but Dan. We have been through a lot in the 9 years that we have been together (I am in shock as I realize that it has really been that long). A couple break-ups, distance, 2 deployments and a lot of big life changes have only managed to bring us closer together. I remember, like it was yesterday, the first time Dan told me he loved me, New Years 2000! Three short years later we were married.
Having Tyler has changed everything about our relationship. It is the most amazing thing when I get to watch Dan with his child. It feels as if I have fallen in love all over again. I can only imagine what it will be like to see him as "the boys" grow older.
I thank God everyday for the husband that I have in Dan and am eagerly awaiting the next 5 years (and many more) of our lives together. While I know that there are going to be some challenging times however, I know it will be wonderful just having him next to me.

1 comment:

Susie Maxwell said...

Happy Anniversary! I loved seeing the wedding pics! Are you working this weekend? We'll be at the hospital for the support group meeting on sunday and are planning on visiting a few families up there in the ICU. It would be great to say hi and let you see Teagan!

-Susie (kicks5@hotmail.com)