10.13.2009

A new leaf

So, I have turned over a new leaf in my life. I am now going to be a more organized mother. If only it were that easy!!! Well, I am at least making a start with some weekly meal planning. After sitting down with some cookbooks on sunday night and making a shopping list I headed to the grocery store first thing monday morning. Thank goodness for QFC and the fun center! Tyler camped out there while Alex and I started our adventure. My grocery shopping has some room for improvement as I find myself spending most of the time wandering the isles looking for the things that I need. I located the seafood counter and promptly ordered 1 1/2 pounds of shrimp. It wasn't until I was on the prowl for "pepper sauce" (yes, I now know that that is tabasco sauce!) that I realized that I needed the raw shrimp and not the cooked shrimp. The guy at the seafood counter got a good laugh at my expense! On I went and an hour later I now had all the supplies I needed to cook 2 dinners and prepare daily lunches for the fam.
I am happy to report that the first meal was a success, minus the celery seed that I forgot, the pot roast was a hit. Or at least Dan was nice enough to say it was! We will have to see how tomorrow goes!

Alex was such a good boy while mommy conquered the grocery store! He was in the best mood today. I have to think it was because we are finally on a napping schedule! 3 naps a day and we have a very happy baby.

Photobucket

1 comment:

tiffany jeanne said...

Share some recipes, if you get a chance! I've been trying to do meal planning also, it's hard, but so worth having dinner figured out ahead of time. What cute boys you have!! :)