4.04.2010

One more month!

There is something about that big 1 year birthday...
It makes things kind of official that they are no longer a baby. Sure, I can dress him in Carter's sleepers, put him in size 2 diapers and carry him in the infant seat, but I can't keep him from turning one. My baby is no longer a baby!
This month Alex is on the go. He has a new found appreciation for the art of crawling and he uses it to the best of his abilities. Don't get me wrong, he still much prefers to be held but now he can follow me from room to room whining and crying for me to pick him up instead of just sitting in one place hoping I would come back. Oh joy!
He is an eating machine. It is kind of as if he is saying, "I'll prove you wrong Dr. Champoux!" (At his 9 month appointment Dr. C was pushing to get some weight put on him by his 12 month.) He loves anything we put in from of him, broccoli, carrots, chicken, ground beef, you name it, he likes it! He has taken to calling all food nana (Nana likes to think he is talking about her). So there is no question what he wants when he starts waving his arms and yelling naaanaaa with all his might! My milk supply is slowing so we decided to start him on cow's milk to get him used to it. Like we assumed, it didn't phase him one bit. He still likes to nurse first thing in the morning and last thing at night though.
Alex is continues to be a happy little guy... as long as he is being held:) He is a rockstar napper taking 2 2-3 hour naps a day. Wish I could say that about the night time, but we are working on it. He is always smiles, especially when brother is around. Much to Tyler's dismay, that dreaded day has come... Alex is enthralled with what ever big brother is doing.
We love this little guy and couldn't imaging our lives with out him in it.
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

Jon & Kathryn said...

I can't believe Alex will be 1 in a month!!! We love you Alex and can't wait to celebrate!

tiffany jeanne said...

i hear ya on the 1 year birthday...I dread it and look forward to it all at the same time. It makes for one confusingly emotional mama! GREAT pix...beautiful!!!

... said...

1) I really love that picture of Dan and Alex
2) OMG Jen, can I buy you some size 3 diapers? Or do I have to give them to Alex for his birthday?
3) He's really cute.