5.17.2010

Dear Alex

I can hardly believe that you have been a part of our family for one whole year. You are one amazing little boy and your personality is starting to shine. Although you are not quite as easy going as you big bro was but you are by no means difficult. How can I blame you after all, you have to get the attention somehow huh? Your favorite new game is screaming at the top of your lungs. Not because you are mad or sad, just simply because you like to. Mommy especially loves when you demonstrate this fabulous game for all the Target patron. You have also mastered the art of standing. You will do it on cue as long as it means that all eyes are on you, always a performer! Walking seems to be the last thing on your to-do list and that is fine with momma for now.
You love to eat, any and everything. Most of your meals consist of whatever the rest of the family is eating. We have weaned from nursing (yesterday :() and you are taking 3 regular milk bottles a day before naps and bed. We are still practicing with the sippy cup but you seem to think that if it comes from a cup it is meant to be spit out.
Sleep... ahh sleep! You are finally sleeping through the night ALL the time, thank goodness. Naps are still a must, 2 of them in fact. We have tried unsuccessfully to get you down to one. Momma thinks you need the naps to recover from how active you are the rest of the day. Momma needs them too!
You are a very talkative little guy. I especially love it when you catch an eye of me and yell "MAMA", because heaven forbid you ever be put down with me in sight! Besides that and dada you don't have many other consistent words. You are, however, beginning to understand more and more. If we ask you where a ball, dog, cat, or any family members are you are able to successfully point them out.
As long as you are being held or entertained you are one happy little guy. And occasionally mommy can catch a few minutes to herself while you entertain yourself with your toys (or rather your brothers because his are obviously much cooler). I won't complain though because I know all too well how fast this time goes. I am cherishing every minute with my boys! Your toothy smile is contagious and I thank God for it everyday when I get to wake up to it!
I love you to the moon and back Mr. Man! Thank you for being a part of our family!
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: