12.15.2010

Peanut Butter balls or the flu?

Well, we did it. Wendy, Shannon and I have been talking about doing a baking day during the holidays for months. For once, we followed through and did it. And bake we did! We baked all sorts of scrumptious cookies, eggnog sugar cookies, biscotti dipped in chocolate, peanut butter balls, pumpkin cookies, and some other kind that I don't know how to pronounce. We even learned to Chappon family secret for icing cookies. Shannon, how are those fingers? It was so much fun spending time outside of work with my great coworkers.
Thanks ladies for a fun morning filled with a lot of sugar and laughter and for leaving me with more cookies than I know what to do with.


Don't


they


look


SOOOOOO


GOOD!!!!!




Later that night I kept the festivities going by having the White family over for dinner.
Being two working mom's Kathryn and I definitely don't get to see each other enough considering we only live 15 minutes apart. But, when we do see each other it is like old times... except now we have three little one in the picture. I know I can always count on Kathryn for a shoulder to lean on, an ear to talk to and designer maternity clothes :) That's why I love her and her little man with the most amazing red hair ever! Oh and her husband is pretty cool too, sorry Jon!


Even later that night the party got going in another way... Tyler began the cascade with a nice present that woke us at 3 in the morning and spread pretty much on every wall in his room (still not quite sure how). Poor kid, being that this is the first time he has thrown up he had no idea what happened and came running to us crying that he was sorry he wet his bed. Uh no, actually I am sure Dan would have preferred pee. I say Dan because I was stuck in bed not feeling well myself. He cleaned up, got an hour or two of shut eye between Tyler's episodes and then woke to me running to the bathroom. A couple of hours later it was Dan. We were convinced it was food poisoning seeing as how Wendy, my baking buddy, was also violently ill that night and we all ate peanut butter balls. That was until my mom came home from work at 2pm and Colleen was soon to follow. They most definitely did not have peanut butter ball poisoning!
Somehow, with a household of sick people, Alex managed to escape this dreaded flu. We are all slowly getting back to our healthy selves and starting to enjoy the season. Of course me being the slowest... thanks bean for taking all that I don't have! That's alright, it's provided me with a very good excuse for spending 75% of my days on the couch and eased my worries for the dreaded prenatal weigh-in's at least for one month.
Photobucket

No comments: