8.07.2008

Daddy's Coming Home!

It has been a while since I have updated because it has been a whirlwind of events for us. Tyler is staying busy with 2 swimming lessons. One outdoors at the local pool and the other indoors at Children's Hospital (he does this one year round). He is a little fish. I can't believe how well he is swimming for a 3 year old. He can make it across the pool (about 20 feet)in a "crawl" type of swimming. He is working hard on getting his side breathing down. I have been working hard at orienting to the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit. I love it however, it entails taking care of big kids too. Something I have never done in my nursing career. It has been a great growth and learning opportunity for me.
Last weekend Tyler and I headed to Spokane to visit Jenny and Emma. It was a welcome vacation to get our minds off missing Dan. It was a busy weekend filled with all sorts of activities. We had a blast!
The most important news is that Dan will be home today. He gets into the Kent Armory at 2pm where Tyler and I will pick him up. We will have a short get together with the other soldiers and families and then we have our daddy back. Yeah! Dan will be home for 2 weeks. I can only assume that these next 2 weeks are going to go by way too fast. I will try and update as much as possible.

No comments: