2.16.2009

Questions, questions!

I can vividly remember riding in the car with my nieces and nephews while listening to their never ending chain of questions.  I will have to admit that I would get easily annoyed by their relentlessness.   I find it funny how every thing is so different when it is your own child.  These days I welcome the questions and try my best to answer them in all honesty.  Here is a sample of the endless questions he had on our short drive home from Bellevue Square:
-Mom, why can't we see our bodies growing?
-Does my baby hurt you when he is kicking?
-Why aren't you going fast?
-What is speed limit?
-What's that light for? (pointing to the freeway entrance traffic light.)
-Why does that car have that red light on it?
-What are breaks?
-Can I push on the brakes?
-Mommy, do you have lots of money?  You can have some of my pennies when you need them.
I love his inquisitiveness.  He is in such a fun, energetic, interesting stage.  I cherish each day that I have with him, even when he has me in tears.  I know that this time will end all too quickly and I will give anything to get it back.  

Last monday, in true Seattle fashion, it snowed and the city shut down.  I can't even say it was really snow, however, school was cancelled.  What to do on a day when there is no school...

How about a little coloring.

... and maybe some housecleaning

...and last but not least, making cookies for "daddy and all the soldiers".
All while spending the day in our jammies!  Love it.

No comments: