3.27.2009

The mind of a four year old never stops!

Tyler is ALL four... and I love every bit of this four year old boy.  I amazed everyday by the growth and maturity that he shows each and every day.  I do have to admit that it saddens me to watch him grow up, yet it is so much fun at the same time.  This is just a small glimpse into the conversations that we have every day...  

So, I was reading books with Tyler last night by the fire. When we were all done he is looking out the window to the patio and says "mommy, is that a hill?" I said no, it looks pretty flat to me. He then says to me "well, if the earth is round, why is there no hill?" Seriously, is our kid a genius or what? I promptly took him into my dad and together we explained why the earth is round but it doesn't feel like it. We also touched on gravity, but I am not sure that he totally got it. I love our little boy so much!
Well back to work. Just wanted to give you a little smile for the day!


This is the conversation between Tyler and my mom this morning when he was helping her prepare her morning medicine as he loves to do.
Nana: OK Tyler, I need one from each of these containers.
Tyler: Ok Nana. (as he places one pill from each bottle on the counter for my mom). Nana, how many red ones do you need today? (The "red" ones are advil for her arthritis in her legs)
Nana: My legs are pretty sore today so I think I will need 3 of those.
Tyler: But Nana, you can't have 3 'cause you only have 2 legs!

Where does he get this?  I am so excited to have Dan home to share in these conversations with us.  I can just imagine the memories we will have as a family in the years to come!

No comments: