3.18.2009

What was I thinking?

What a weekend!  Next time I say I am going to throw a birthday party at a pool with 12 four year olds, please shake me!  Actually, beyond the chaos of 12 kids running around, popping balloons, fist fighting (yes, fist fighting) and girls crying it was a pretty successful party.  Who knew that a 4 year old can open 13 presents in 5 minutes flat.  I am just thankful that he didn't respond with a "I don't like this" to any of the presents!
Tyler loved every minute of "his day" and that is all that I could have asked for.  There is nothing I wouldn't do to see that smile on his face.  So, yes, in the coming years, you will probably be seeing more parties like this one.  It is all worth it in the end.
Following his friends party we went to my parents where we celebrated with the family.  Once again, it was another chaotic night at the Cross household.  We are going to need a while to recoup from this weekend!

Getting some air!

That smile makes everything worth it!


Happy Birthday to you!

"Mommy, I want a soldier cake because I miss my daddy."
A soldier cake he got, but he was all caked out by this time so he didn't even eat any.

The four year old with his loot!  Anything star wars seems to be the hit presents.  Weird considering he has not even seen Star Wars.

Telling Migel all about his new Star Wars Transformer.

No comments: