2.01.2010

Me, a baby-wearer?

So, I have never thought of myself as a baby-wearer. You know, those who insist that wearing their babies all day long is the best thing that you could ever do for them. Don't get me wrong, I would love to "wear my baby" all the time. Unfortunately, I have been blessed with 2 very busy and active boys who would rather do anything BUT be strapped to me.
Well, that may be changing. Lately Alex has spent a lot of time doing this...
Photobucket
whenever he is put down. Not sure if it his teeth coming in or the overwhelming desire he has to make his mommy feel loved :) No matter what the reason is we have found the only thing that makes him happy these days is to be held.. all day. As great as this is it doesn't bode well for getting much done... until today! I finally forged into the world of baby wearing, and it was wonderful. Alex spent the afternoon on my back while I got the floors swept, laundry folded and dinner made. All the while he was happy. AHHHHH!
We may have to do this more often. Can't help but think about the added bonus of all the extra calories I am burning carrying around an extra 17 pounds!
Photobucket


Photobucket

2 comments:

Maria said...

Alex, meet Marlo; sounds like the twos of yous would be happy if your feet never touched the ground, as long as you were in someone's arms (or on their back as the case may be).

katy said...

Hey Jen...it looks like you got an ergo?! I'm a huge fan of babywearing...especially when you have more than one! It is a necessity...at least at my house. I use a Moby until about 4 months and then switch them to an ergo until they're walking. You look great btw and your boys are adorable!