2.22.2010

One for the books!

There is no better place to be that Seattle on a sunny day! And what a day we had. I started my day out with making a yummy breakfast for my hubby, cleaning the house and entertaining Alex with my best Yoda impression (as if I know what that is) while playing Star Wars with Tyler.
After Alex's morning nap we packed up and headed out to greenlake to meet my work gal friends for a non-PEPS mom's meeting. (Don't worry PEPS peeps, I still love ya, they're just jelous!)
There we played with Simone and Finn, or maybe I should say... There we met up with Simone and Finn and the Bugbee Boys proceeded to eat all their food. I promise, I do feed my kids!
Photobucket

After filling our tummies with all their yummy food we got down to business with some swinging and sliding.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then it was off for a run around the lake.

Photobucket

We had to make our favorite stop at the turtle and I took advantage of a photo op with Tyler.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is just about the point I told Tyler that he was far enough and turned around to put my camera away in the stroller. That's when I heard it... SPLASH! Tyler decided, or didn't decide, to go for a dip! Much to my disappointment I did not get a picture. The water was deep and although I thought about it, I felt that the 10 bystanders that witnessed the fall would be less than impressed with this mom had I turned to grab my camera rather than run to help my son. I can now say that that 3 years of swim lessons at Children's has paid off. Now he understands why he has to swim in his clothes on safety day!

Photobucket

Here is the aftermath, a very wet, cold, embarrassed little boy. I tried to bribe him for a picture but he was having nothing of it so this is all I got. Of course we had to warm up with some Starbuck's after all that!

Photobucket


Photobucket

1 comment:

malia said...

definitely willing to travel for a warmish sunny day at Greenlake (nothing better)...call me next time!