9.17.2008

These days will come and go

Well, today marks the first break down of the deployment.  I think that even the even the smallest things are blown out of proportion when you are away from your loved one for any amount of time.  The stress of doing everything builds up and sometimes it has to come out.  Well, today was the day, and over a bill.  Ugh.  I called Dan in hysterics.  So not what he needed from me but there are going to be those days when I have to let down my guard and admit that I can't always do everything.  It is moments like these when I have the utmost respect for single parents.  I truly do not know how they do it... and survive.  Today, was just one day and I am sure there will be many more to come.  I have to say it melted my heart and made all my worries go away when Tyler came to me, rubbed my back and said "what's wrong mommy?".  He is what will get me through this!
So, this afternoon when Tyler and I got home from swimming there was a knock on the door.  It was a women who lives behind us.  She was curious if we had a cat named Mac.  I told her that we did and she proceeded to tell us that he has been frequenting her house begging for food and she has been feeding him.  She wanted to make sure that he was being taken care of.  I just had to laugh because we all know that Mac is no small cat.  And we all know that if you feed Mac, he will eat.  I let her know that yes indeed Mac is being cared for and that she had been duped by a cat.  I do have to admit that I was a little curious as to why Mac would come home to eat and then quickly want back out.  He usually likes to hang out and sleep inside for awhile.  Well, now I know.  Such a glutton!   
I will leave you with a clip of his swimming lesson this afternoon.  He is such a fish!



No comments: