9.02.2008

Tyler's First Hike







Well, in an effort to keep us busy I decided that Tyler and I needed to try something new.  After getting my sister on board with the idea Tyler, me, Katie, Ethan and Lauren all headed out to Tiger Mountain for a "hike".  I have to admit that I did not have the highest expectation from my child who notoriously does not like to walk.  Much to my surprise it was a blast.  Tyler throughly enjoyed experiencing the outdoors as did I.  Lesson to self... try it, it may be a complete success!

Tyler continues to amaze me everyday in the way that he experiences the world.  What an amazing time this is for him.  He is continually amazing me with his insight on the world and the people around him.  I called home to check on him one day while at work.  I asked to talk to Tyler fully expecting him to say no, he didn't want to talk to me.  But, today was different.  He was ready to talk to mommy and talk did he!  He gave me a 5 minute explanation on why he and Claire (his cousin) were not getting along.  Surprisingly he even took the blame for not wanting to share his new legos.  He is growing up so fast.  Dan will agree with me on that one.  He is continually amazed at the conversations that Tyler will carry on with him.  As we like to joke, he is such the little man.  

Example:  I was driving Tyler to my parents today and I thought I would stop and get him a muffin for breakfast at the market.  I pulled in and Tyler promptly looked at me and said from his seat "Excuse me mommy.  I don't want a treat this morning.  I just want to go to Nana's".


No comments: