10.16.2008

Another day at the Pumpkin Patch

What a beautiful day for the pumpkin patch!  Tracy, Mark, Migel, Nana, Tyler and I headed north to the pumpkin patch in hopes of finding the "perfect pumpkin".  Tyler and Migel had so much fun playing in the hay, finding their way through maze and rolling around in the corn pit.  Okay, so maybe Tracy and I joined in the fun too!  Who could resist diving into a pit of raw corn kernels?
Then we packed on a tractor ride out to the pumpkin patch.  I have to say we were a little disappointed with the selection this year.  Tyler was very upset that there were no BIG pumpkins.  Despite the frustration he was able to find one that would suffice.  All in all it was a successful trip to the pumpkin patch.
So, for the last 2 days I have been battling with 2 different government agencies.  Yes, I will admit that there is great benefits to be had with the military, but getting them is another story altogether.  After 3 phone calls and 2 hours on the phone and internet yesterday I finally got my health care figured out.  Today was another battle with the childcare agency/fund that we are going through.  Tyler school administration has actually taken on most of this burden, thank the lord!  I had to meet with them today to figure out how we were going to make this work and in true government fashion, we couldn't get any one to answer our phone calls or e-mails.  Boy, do these people like paperwork!!!
We are eagerly awaiting Grandma's arrival tomorrow.  Tyler has been talking about it for weeks now.  Apparently he is getting a little bored of me.  So while Tyler and Grandma are having fun, I will be hard at work all weekend.  Hope you enjoy the pictures of the patch outing.  

"This is a nice one!"

Portrait in the Corn

The 2 peas in a pod, and their mom's

We miss our daddy!

Showing Nana how to drive a tractor

Our perfect pumpkins

No comments: