10.06.2008

Home, but not so sweet!

I can't say that home is the same after coming home from this trip.  It's just not the same without Dan here.  I think Tyler is feeling the same as he is always asking if we can go to Nana and Boppa's house.  Yesterday was extremely emotional for Tyler and I both.  After fine dining at The Country Kitchen (yuk!) we headed back to base where we dropped Dan off.  I couldn't help but think of the first time that he left and the hours that i spent crying afterwards.  However, this time I had someone else that I had to be strong for.  Much to Dan's chagrin Tyler and I couldn't hold it together and it was a pretty emotional goodbye.  We had to literally peal Tyler off of Dan.  Something I never want to do again.  
As if that wasn't enough on our plane ride home this morning was about 15 soldiers who were just heading home for their leave.  Tyler kept saying "look mommy, a soldier like my daddy."  The flight attendant kept thanking them for their service over the loud system and every time she did I started crying.   Then while we were waiting for our luggage we had to sit and watch all these soldiers reunite with their families.  Tyler said to me "I want my daddy to come home."  That's when I really started crying and by the time my dad got their to pick us up I was a total mess.
I can't say that I feel like the visit was the best idea, as Dan and I had feared.  It was a starting over with all of the pain and emotion and longing for our family for both Tyler and I.  Nonetheless we had a fabulous time and if nothing else we are that much closer to Dan being home... for good!

No comments: