5.28.2009

Waking up is hard to do!

Somehow I have been blessed with 2 wonderfully great sleepers.  So far Alex has taken after his brother and is on a pretty set schedule.  He wakes every 4-5 hours at night to eat and then goes right back to sleep (most of the time).  I most certainly cannot complain.  I most certainly will not mention the fact that he is in my bed.  What kind of NICU nurse am I? Alex is growing up so fast!  I can't believe that we are 25 days old already.  Time most certainly needs to slow down for Alex yet speed up to get Dan home!
Tyler is handling all the changes pretty well for the most part.  He is a little more whiney than normal.  I can only imagine it is his way of getting my attention... even if it isn't the kind of attention he wants.  We have a mom and me outing planned for this weekend so hopefully some one and one time will take care of some of the unwanted behaviors.  He loves his little brother though and is always wanting to entertain him.  Tyler is constantly asking me what Alex is thinking.  Once Alex starts smiling and laughing I can only imagine the shows that Tyler will put on.
We have been keeping very busy with friends and family.  I was able to escape both yesterday and today for an outing with friends while Tyler was at school.  Thank goodness for friends, they keep you sane in the most stressful of times.  Thanks guys for keeping me company!  I am looking forward to many more adventures this summer with both boys in tow.





1 comment:

Jenny said...

What beautiful boys! Look at Alex's lips! They're awesome. So happy that he's sleeping well for you...and for that matter such a good baby. I can't wait to meet him and have our first play date! xoxo