10.26.2011

My mom...

...she pretty much rocks!
She is the most kind, giving, loving and selfless person I know.  She has taught me everything from how to remove baby poop stains to cooking the best corn bread ever.  But most importantly she taught me to be the mother I am today.  Her love for her family is like nothing I have ever seen before.  Each one of us knows that she would do anything for us whether we ask her to or not.
Seven years ago our world was rocked.  My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer.  I vividly remember getting the phone call while sitting at the dinner table with Dan at our home in Spanaway. 
 But, never once did my mother back down or feel sorry for herself.  
She fought with both fists up... and won. 
This week she is 7 years cancer free and finally able to come off her cancer medications. 
 Mom,
Thank you for being the best mom, nana, friend, babysitter, coffee companion, launder, seamstress, cook, and confidant a girl could ask for.  I wouldn't be who I am today without you.
We love you to the moon and back.
Here's to another 7 years cancer free!  
Photobucket

2 comments:

Jeff and Lauren said...

YAY Ronnie!!!!!

Jenny said...

Amazing. God is Good. All the time! xoxo