4.04.2012

Slap Cheek

Well, these two have come down with slap cheek.  And no, I didn't loose my temper and slap them until their cheeks turned pink.  It's a virus, otherwise known as fifth's disease.  
Alex's is a little more prevalent on his face while Graham's is on his trunk.  Luckily the only real symptoms have been a mild cold for Graham.


Who knows where they got it from.  Unfortunately, for all those we have encountered, they are only contagious before the rash occurs, when you have no idea they have it.  

1 comment:

lafnowcrymanana said...

I just want to say how much it means to me to have taken the time to read through your entire Blog. You and your family's story is so compelling and healing to me. My son was born this morning at 1 am with a cleft lip/palate, and i have been a total mess. Unlike your experience it was not found in an ultrasound, so the surprise and shock, and subsequent shame that followed were immense and overwhelming. I seem to be very raw and constantly releasing emotion, and your posts helped so much. I really needed this. The real fact about it is that I am no less in love, excited, or blissed out about the arrival of my son than I was when his sister first arrived, and you helped me realize that. I will subscribe to your blog and look forward to following your family's journey. Please let me know if there are any "must have" resources. lafnowcrymanana@gmail.com
All the best, Michael