5.13.2012

Happy Mother's day?

Well, I am not going to paint a picture of roses here.  Today pretty much sucked.  I am taking it as a reminder that motherhood is tough.  We have good days and we have bed days but in the end I wouldn't change it for the world.  
We started out the morning at 0530 when Graham woke up for his SECOND feeding of the night.  I nursed him and climbed back in bed for what seemed 5 minutes when I heard Bella barreling up the stairs and making her self known.  Soon enough it was 0700 and everyone was up.  Dan had somehow escaped to get some coffee, donuts and flowers and I pulled the pillow back over my head hoping for just a few more minutes of sleep.  
From the moment I got up it was whining, crying and disobeying.  It's as if they got the message backwards... do anything and everything to make sure your mother enjoys her day the least amount possible.  We haven't had a day like this in a long time.... and they chose TODAY.
Church, pppfff.  That was one of the worst ideas I have had all year.  First it was the battle to get them to wear "church clothes", then to brush their hair.  Oh, and getting IN the church... that was awesome.  Then there was the behavior when we finally got in, followed by the tantrum over fruit snacks during the homily of which I heard not a single word.    
Back home, Tyler had an especially hard time listening to anyone, including me.  We couldn't get the little ones down fast enough to get a little reprieve.  The only quiet time I had all day is the 1.5 hours I spent roasting in the theater at Seattle Prep watching the school play.  (Really, it was pretty awesome!)
At one point I turned to my mom and said "Mom, why does today have to be one of the days when I really don't want to be a mother?'  She simply smiled and laughed a little and proceeded to tell me a story of one such mother's day for her.  On the way home I had the urge to run.  Literally, to go for a run and not come back.  But then I thought, they are all rested and it surely can't be any worse than it was this morning.  
Well, once again, I was wrong.  The whining and crying continued to no avail.  Graham was attached to my leg if not my hip.  Alex was... well Alex.  And Tyler made everything a production... everything!
Finally, we got all three boys in bed and I couldn't wait to get in bed, edit my pictures of Alex's party and blog.  That's when the cake got iced.  In the midst of transferring my pictures my computer froze.  I restarted it, downloaded my pictures and erased my SD card (of which I NEVER do).  Opening my pictures there were only 15 when there should have beed over 200!  Gone... ALL GONE.  
Yes, my friends, this is a good reminder that this day is indeed just another day!
Happy freaking Mother's Day to me!

1 comment:

Katy said...

Sorry you had a rough day. Your Mother's Day sounds like my Easter almost to a T! Well, at least there's next year to look forward to!