5.16.2012

{THREE}



Oh Alexander,
Where do I start with you?
You are the apple of my eye and the bearer of all my frustration all wrapped up in one.  You are stubborn but a lover, defiant and oh so strong willed.  You test me constantly and challenge me to be a better mom.  You are insanely funny!  You speak far beyond your years.  Oh, and you LOVE Buzz Lightyear.
I thank God everyday for you.  You have shown me that there is more to life than rules.  My directions are mere suggestions to you.    I am a much more relaxed with you because I pushing you only causes you to push back.  For instance binkies.  The plan was to buy you a toy, put it on the shelf and when you were ready you would give your binks to Graham and receive your toy.  Well, Alex :1  Mommy : 0.  Some how you have your Buzz Lightyear AND your binks.  Not quite sure how that happened.  Your a conniving little one!




Your smile is contagious and can bring happiness to my heart on the roughest of days.  You are always reminding me that you "love me to the moon and the stars and the sun and the clouds."  I love you more though buddy!
You are the most gracious little boy and mind your p's and q's without being reminded most of the time.



You are the best big brother ever!  Graham is so lucky to have you... some day he will appreciate that.
For now I am sure he could do without all your cuddles and kisses that frequently knock him down.
You are always the first to hear him in the morning and run to climb into his crib with him.
You love school and all your friends.  If we could you would spend every waking moment with Erin and Tyler.
Thank you Alex, for blessing our lives with your humor, your love and yes, even your defiance.
We couldn't imagine our lives without you in it.  



I love you Alex!

No comments: