7.31.2012

The summer sas

Summer has been, well... er, bearable.  I used to think I was not one for routine and doing the same thing every day.  Well, it's become apparent that maybe there is a little of me that thrives with a little routine.  Minus the lunch making and carpool driving of course.  I think it's the mom part of me.  
Alex has kept me on my toes this summer.  My only hope for survival is to stay 1 step ahead of him.  This means a lot of activities that don't require a lot of doing what I tell him to do.  With his strong will that is the one thing that seems to really set him off, which in turn sets me off.  Luckily we have great friends that keep us company and join us on our adventures.
Last week we hit up Golden Gardens and Alex surprised us with some pretty decent listening ears.  The boys loved playing on the beach, finding crabs, building sand castles and throwing rocks, while Michelle and I loved relaxing on the beach watching the hoodlums tire themselves out day dreaming about nap time.


























No comments: