7.20.2012

Thirteen Months

Well G Baby, 13 months looks good on you, I have to say.
You are growing by leaps and bounds and although you will always be MY baby, you most definitely are not A baby anymore.
At thirteen months you are...
so proud that you have learned to stand...
(this is the cheer you do every time you stand up)


navigating the stairs with the greatest of ease, the wrong way...

learning the art of climbing UP the slide...

eating any and everything you can get you hands on, even your brothers leftovers...


enjoying the summer and all it has to offer, especially the slip and slide...


entertaining yourself for bits of time, albeit very small bits of time, but I'll take it...


and trying on some new hair dos.
Daddy wasn't too sure about this one.


Graham, you keep us running and have proven to be the most troublesome 13 month old of the Bugbee family.  You love to get into everything.  The cupboard of beer is always a favorite.  I am pretty sure you have not even blinked your eyes at your own basket of toys that is stocked full of developmentally and age appropriate toys for you.  Nope, you much prefer the hazards of Alex's room, the plastic bag drawer, tupperware, the dog food container, glass bottles, oh and yes, the stairs.
While troublesome you are, you are also a lover.  I love your snuggles more than anything.
You continue to wake up several nights a week.  While this would have never been allowed with either of your brother, I have come to cherish those quiet moments I have with you.  You are still napping twice a day and really seem to need it.  Occasionally we can get away with one, but thats only when you sleep in past 9am.  My favorite thing to do is to sneak in and peak at you with your little bum up in the air snoozing away, blankie in hand.
July 17th was a big day for you.  Those much anticipated first steps were witnessed!  Although you prefer to crawl still, you willingly oblige to our requests for a few steps as long as we provide you with lots of cheers and clapping.  Then you quickly sit down and get on your way.
While I may sound like everything is cupcakes and roses with you, I am not going to lie, you can be exhausting.  Your constant need to be held, while great for my biceps, is getting tough.  And daddy wonders why nothing gets done during the day!  When you are awake you are at my feet, always.  I love that you love me, but seriously dude, it's time to branch out...just a bit.  I do remind myself constantly though, this is going to be over before I know it and I AM going to want it back... so enjoy it!
I have said it before and I'l say it again... I couldn't imagine this family without you.  You make us laugh, you make us cry, you keep us on our toes but most of all you make us so, so happy.
We love you little man.

No comments: