4.02.2009

Is this really SPRING break?

Well, Tyler has had the week off school, but I can't say that it is really a "spring" break.  The weather has been exceptionally awful and we are hurting for things to do that don't involve being outside.  I am sure that it has rained more this week than it did all winter!  I was very tempted to take a last minute trip to California for some sun! 
Wednesday Tyler got to attend a fun sports camp at the community center near our house while I took the chance to pick up some overtime at work.  He spent 3 hours running, bouncing and playing soccer and then headed to swimming lessons for some more.  Never have I seen him fall asleep so fast!
Tuesday we were able to catch a break in the rain to get outside and blow a few bubbles!

In our quest to stay busy we headed out to the Shoreline Fire Station today to visit Uncle Mark.  I have to say that it was probably the highlight of the week!  Thanks Uncle Mark for a memorable visit.  Not sure who had more fun Tyler or Nana!






We got the chance to talk to Dan a couple of times this week.  He remains pretty upbeat as we are nearing his homecoming.  We are both anxious to get him home and be a family, even if it is just for 2 weeks right now.  We both agree that it seems like it has already been a year since we have seen each other.  At this point I am not quite sure how we are going to make it through another 4 months.  This deployment has seemed never ending.  While the time has been difficult I have used this as a reassurance of our love and commitment.  I miss him so much, I couldn't imagine living my life without him in it.  I especially miss seeing him with Tyler.  I can only imagine the fun we are going to have with 2 little boys!  We love you Dan!

No comments: