4.29.2009

My four year old!

Tyler had his 4 year well child check this week.  This is how he measures up...
44 inches tall- above the 95th%
39 pounds- 70th%
All went well and he was more than happy to cooperate with the eye and hearing exams, of which he passed with flying colors, until it came time for shots.  I had been preparing him for them all week so as not to surprise him when the time came.  He was all prepared to be the bravest little boy, climbing right up onto the table for the nurse and even refusing a hand hold from mom.  Well, that quickly ended when the first shot hit.  The look on his face was of shear terror.  From that point on it was a wrestling match that ended with a crying mother, a very upset little boy and a nurse having been kicked in the face.  I think it was very close to the worst day of my life.  I never thought getting shots would effect me like that, but it did.  The fact that I literally had to pin him down while allowing someone to poke him with 4 needles was heart wrenching.  Thus proving exactly why I could never do PICU!  Needless to say the rest of the day was all about Tyler and whatever he wanted.  He got a pretty cool Batman toy out of the whole deal.  What a sucker I am!
Here is a quick picture of him at his check up... pre-shots!

No comments: