6.23.2009

Bad mom of the year award!

Well, we all have these stories but I think this one takes the cake for me. Discipline is never a fun thing especially when you are trying to have fun at the zoo...
My awesome girlfriend, Jenny, and her daughter, Emma, are in town for the week visiting.  Since we are such great mom's we decided to treat our kiddo's to a day at the zoo.  Not only that but we (actually Jenny) gave in and paid for them to make bracelets out of glass beads (thanks to the zoo for so perfectly locating that station at the entrance).  Tyler insisted that he wanted a necklace instead of a bracelet.  And once again, me being the wonderful mom that I am, obliged and spent the next 15 minutes putting together a necklace for my angel.  Well, apparently it didn't measure up to his likes and the whining began.  A couple threats later he was still going.  That was about the time the necklace came apart and the beads went back into the bowl... no necklace, or bracelet, for him!  As you can imagine he was not a happy camper.  That was about the time the good old arm crossing and "huh" came out.  As parents do, I tried to ignore him.  He found a nice place on a rock near the African Savannah to pout about his misfortune.  After a few attempts to make him laugh, I gave up telling him that he better get up and walk because we were moving on.  In an effort to prove a point I kept walking glancing back to my stubborn child camped out on the rock.  Just out of sight for him, I stopped to watch and see what he was going to do.  Enter worried stranger.  I can only imagine what he must have been thinking when he walks up to find a 4 year old crouched over and crying on a rock, no obvious parent with him.  That's when Tyler looked up to see that we were indeed not there and started crying even more.  Well, thanks to the nice, caring gentleman my attempt to prove my point was spoiled and I had to go running back to him explaining that I was indeed his mother and promising that I really wasn't abandoning him on the rock, as much as I may have wanted to at that point.  Walking back to the stroller with child in tow Jenny so nicely proclaimed that I had indeed won the Worst Mother of the Year Award today!  If only I had a picture to go with it.








2 comments:

Jenny said...

Ha ha ha ha, so glad I was there to witness it! Here's proof-

[IMG]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h257/armyrn24/DSC02397.jpg[/IMG]

Jenny said...

OK, so that didn't work...let's
try this one...if not, it's on my blog and I sent the infamous pic
to your email as well ;)
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h257/armyrn24/DSC02397.jpg