9.18.2009

Our baby is won-der-ful!

So I kicked aside my fear of taking my children to their "well-child" appointment (Tyler's 4 year appointment ruined everything for me!) and headed in to get my wee-one checked out. Alexander is doing "Awesome" in the words of Dr. C. It's not the doctor that I fear, I LOVE her. It's that damn nurse that comes in with all those sharp, pokey things and then insists that I pin my poor, innocent child down while she jabs them into their sweet and unsuspecting chubby thighs! Ugh! Tyler gave Alex a few words of wisdom this morning on the way to school (little did I know that there was no school today!).
Tyler: Mommy is Alex going to get shots today?
Me: Yes, honey.
Tyler: Alex, momma is going to take you to the doctor and you are going to get some shots today. They are going to hurt, but don't cry. Ok, Alex, you can't cry. I will give you a hug. Just don't cry.
Alex: "*ahh, yahh, ahh* *drool* *brrrr, ahhhh*"- poor kid has no idea what is coming!

Here are our 4 month (4 1/2 really) stats:
Height: 24 inches
Weight: 13 lbs 15 oz
OFC: 43cm!


The best news of all is that Dr. C said that she reassured me that there was no need to take the binky away despite the slight night time issues we have been having. Makes me feel better since I have had more than a few people tell me to just take it away. He LOVES his binky and she reassured me that soon he will be able to put it back in him mouth all by himself at night. Oh how I live relying on items of comfort items to calm my child.

So, for Alex he is just amazing, no thanks to anything in particular that I have done! We just have good babies, and I'll take it! He is rolling from back to front, sleeping through the night (with 1-2 re-plugs needed on most nights), learning to sit up and talking an awful lot. He is beginning to understand that game peek-a-boo and, every once in awhile, when we work really hard, he will give us a big 'ol belly laugh. I love walking into his room in the morning only to find the happiest baby with the biggest smile when he catches a glimpse of me. He gives me lots of smiles and loves when I get home from work, which almost makes it worth going to work. He loves his toes and would have them in his mouth at all times if he could. He loves his blankie and his binky when he is getting tired and doesn't require any song and dance to go to sleep, thank goodness! Best of all, he loves his brother. He would be totally content just watching him al day long.
All in all, Alex is just W O N D E R F U L!

Oops, sorry about the spit up VM.

"Mom, can I get some more of that strawberry flavored Tylenol?"
Photobucket

2 comments:

Jen said...

So I have to tell you...as Im reading about the pokes into the chubby little arms of your precious little boy, and how much you dislike holding him down for it.
I was reminiscing to about 2 years ago when I believe my sweet baby girls (less the chubbiness) were poked and pinned about once or twice (or 500,000 times).
Made me laugh.

But I swear, they are THE cutest little guys EVER.
Well almost..I really love Noah, Sam and Lukas too. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

I do remember you. We have been back often and I spoke at the End of Life conference last month. email me so we can stay in touch. My email is kellyjokim@hotmail.com

BTW, I am with Jen, I remember Cooper being poked and messed with a thousand times a day. So hard to watch, even with Bradyn.