8.29.2009

Sun River, Or

The Bugbee family (minus 1) headed to Sun River for a little rest and relaxtion before the chaos of school (and work) begins. Tyler, Alex and I got to enjoy the last days of summer with my parents and the Foster family. We spent 4 fabulous days biking (can't believe I didn't get any pictures of that), running, swimming, canoeing, deer watching, frog hunting, chipmunk spying, fort building, s'more making, hot tubing and just plain having fun. The only thing that could have made it better, both Tyler and I agree, was if Daddy was there to do all this with us.
Tyler was a bike riding fool on our trip. The first day we headed out to the pool, which should have been about a mile and a half away. Well, we got there and it was closed. We decided to head down to the other pool, seems simple enough. Uh, no. Colleen gave us wrong directions and we ended up biking around the entire resort... 6 miles! Tyler did not complian once. He is such a champ on his 2 wheels! The high light of the trip for him was catching frogs while out canoeing. He thought it was hilarious to put it near me and watch me scream. Me, not so much! When Tyler wasn't canoeing or riding his bike, or asking to ride his bike, he was in the pool.
Alex was a champ. He slept the entire 8 hours there with the exception of waking up to eat once. He had plently of entertainment from Claire, who couldn't keep her hands off him. Once again, she asked if she could keep him. Sorry Claire, I am a little partial to the boy! He also learned how to laugh while we were there. Now, I am not talking any little giggle, but real BIG belly laughs. This boy knows how to make us work for our laughs though, see here.
As for me, I spent the week relaxing, as much as you can when you are a single parent on vacation with 2 boys. I am enjoying every last minute I have with my boys before Tyler starts school and I head back to work (Septemeber 5th :( ) Colleen challanged me to a few runs of which I politely let her win! It was a fun time had by all. Next year will be even better when we have Dan here to enjoy it with us!




Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

tiffany jeanne said...

Hi Jen! Your boys are darling! Good to hear from you and I'm looking forward to keeping up with your blog! :)

Alicia said...

It looks like you had such a great time! Makes me excited for our trip to SR in October--though there could easily be snow on the ground by then. Hope you guys have a great week together before you go back to work!