9.05.2011

12 weeks... for real this time!


Graham Cracker is really 12 weeks old this week!  He is growing so fast it seems.  I can really see that he is starting to fill out and get some chub.  It doesn't surprise with as much as he has been wanting to eat.  These days he is eating just about every 2-3 hours during the day and waking 1-2 times at night with the occasional sleep through the night.
He giggles like a little school girl and I love it!  He thinks it is especially funny when I play patty cake with him.  He is the happiest little guy despite all he has going on.  He amazes me with his resilience.
Graham has gotten himself into quite the little routine, which is great.  The only downside is that he is pretty set on it.  He loves his naps and will sleep for 2-3 hours, 3 times a day... IF he is swaddled, with his binky and in HIS bed.  He will take cat naps in his car seat but it doesn't do the trick for him.  He is a fussy guy if he doesn't get his routine.  I am a little nervous to see what this fall is going to bring when we are having to tote Tyler around to and from school and 2 soccer teams practices and games.
This week Graham is all about his hands.  He has learned to bring them together in front of him and every once in awhile can squeeze them under his NAM and into his mouth.  I am wondering if he may be a thumb sucker after his surgery.
The count down is on.  Only 17 days until surgery.  My fear is slowly being replaced with excitement.  I am excited to see his little face, kiss his chubby cheeks.  I eager to not have to listen to him cry when I have to pin him down to tape up his face.  I am anxious to give his little face a break.  Most of all I am ready to not have the stares anymore.  I don't want to have to explain anymore why my little baby has tape all over his face.  I am excited for him!
At our dental appointment Dr. K continues to be amazed with his progress and how much we have been able to do in such a short time.  He credits me and my meticulous taping.  I am not so sure that is it, but I'll take it.  There is a small part of me that will miss our weekly visits with the dental group.  Dr. K, Sam and all the other assistants are like family now.  They have helped guide us through one of the toughest things our family has ever faced.  I will forever remember them and what they did for our little boy.  

Photobucket

2 comments:

Jen said...

same way we feel about all of you!!!!

Jenny said...

Oh Wow! G-cracker is one of the most beautiful little baby boys ever....& I'm not just saying that cause you're my Bestie! ;) All my prayers for the upcoming weeks. xoxo