7.27.2009

12 weeks of heaven

Alexander,
Today you are 12 weeks old. I can't tell you how wonderful these past 12 weeks have been and how excited I am to see where the next 12 weeks will take us. Your daddy is going to be so surprised when he comes home to see how much you have grown. I can't wait to see the look in his eyes when he finally gets to hold you again and to watch your relationship grow. You are going to love your daddy, he is the absolute best!
Everyone says that you look like you big brother, but I think you look like you! You and your big brother are amazing gifts from God and I thank Him every day for bring you two into our lives. You have been a wonderfully simple baby, sleeping through the night at 7 weeks and only crying when it is time to eat or when you are ready to be swaddled and put to bed. You came into our family and have changed us forever. We are so lucky to have you!


I love your big blue eyes
I love your crooked little grin
I love the way you watch your big brother with such intensity
I love the way you are starting to reach for your toys
I love the way you get excited when I talk to you
I love your little toes
I love how you fit into my arms
I love that you can only go to sleep if you have your blankie over your face
I love your precious little coo's and how it takes so much concentration to do it
I love the little creases in you thighs
I love your ears
I love the way you hold onto my shirt while I am nursing you
I love the way you open your mouth so big when I kiss you
I love the smile you flash when you are looking at your self in the mirror
I love the way you kick and splash when you are in the bath
I love your head full of the blondest peach fuzz I have ever seen
I love the way you stare at me as you are falling asleep
I love that when you are tired you only want mommy
I love the way that you look like your daddy
I LOVE YOU LITTLE MAN!



2 comments:

katy said...

This is so, so sweet! I saw your blog again on Meg's blog and I love it! Your boys are too cute! Glad all is so great! Take care, Katy

Beth said...

I came across your blog while looking at Katy's. Your boys are so cute and I love this little tribute to your new little man. Sounds like things have been good for you! You have a beautiful little fam.