7.09.2009

Conversations with a 4 year old...

Tyler:  mom, when are you going to die?
Me:  I hope not for a long long time.
Tyler:  like 6 days?
Me: no, then you wouldn't have anyone to take care of you
Tyler:  But, I will have daddy.  So how old will you be?  (Thanks Tyler...I am choosing not to take this personally!)
Me:  maybe 95 years old
Tyler: oh, why?
Me: so I can watch you grow up and have a family and babies of your own.
Tyler:  I want to be a daddy.
Me:  that is wonderful, how many kids do you want?
Tyler: maybe ten, I think.  

Luckily we pulled into the driveway at this point.  Who  know where the conversation would have gone next!  I love this kid and his crazy ideas!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I live for these conversations!....kinda ;) Depends on the topic, but I love their perspectives on life. But this one is good....u handled it well I must say ;) Just wait till you have a girl...Em's curiosity is out of control! The other day I overheard her playing up in her room, with one of the girls down the block, and she said, "& u can pretend to use this as a tampon" OMG!!! Got to have a small "talk" with not one, but 2 little girls...Joy! ;) I'm sure we'll be looking back during their teenage years, at these more rather 'innocent' conversations, and wish they were as easy ;)
Love u guz!