1.25.2012

8 years together



Marriage.
I am not going to sugar coat it, it's tough.  There have definitely been days I wanted to throw in the towel.
I remember the day I was married like it was yesterday.  The white dress, the pink flowers.  It was the day I had always dreamed of.  Perfect.  People gave their advice.  Marriage is work they would say.  No, I thought, not if you find the right person.  
Boy was I wrong.  Even with the right person it will always be a work in process.
Two deployments, 5 years on active duty, 3 houses, 3 years in Law School, 5 years in the National Guard, 3 boys and a cleft lip later we have managed to survive.  There were times I wasn't sure we would.  But we did.  And I truly believe we are better for that.  No, every day is not sunshine and roses, but what is?  We have weather pleanty of storms and come out of it together.  
Together... the best place to be.  
Thank you for the best 8 years of my life.  
I am a better person because of you.


I can't wait to see what the next eighty bring!
I love you.
Photobucket

No comments: