1.18.2012

The little number seven

Seven



Months



Old



Graham Crackers you are growing up too fast for this momma.  You simply must slow down.
Ok, I guess that's not an option.  Someday I'll get over it.  
You continue to be momma's little boy... thank you for that.  You also continue to be mostly happy although the fussiness has been increasing over the past few weeks.  Teeth, mile stones, your cold... who knows?  Lucky for me you generally settle in with a few snuggles and some nursing.  Unlucky for your brothers, you are attached to my hip (or boob) when you are awake.  We survive though.  
Your sleep habits are improving.  Thank goodness!  We have fallen into a pretty nice routine.  You tend to nap twice a day in your bed for anywhere from 1-2 hours and catch a few catnaps in between while on the go.  Bedtime is 8pm on. the. dot. for you.  You don't seem to make it much past that before you are rubbing your eyes and wanting to be nursed and put down.  We have found that waking you to feed you around 11pm (when we are getting ready for bed) works nicely and you tend to then sleep until 7-8am.  On days that I work I wake you to feed you again at 6am and you have been known to sleep until 9:30. 
You eat, a little, but you don't seem to prefer it.  Banana's and sweet potatoes seem to be your favorite today.  The avacado caused a severe gagging reaction as if I was trying to poison you.  You LOVE your mum mum's and are just now beginning to be able to pick up puffs and get about every eighth one to your mouth.  You make Bella a happy dog.
You still have a big gummy smile with no signs of teeth as of yet.  
A certain someone (eh-em) is trying to teach you to do all those big boy things like crawling and standing.  But you seem to be quite content sitting, playing with your toys and watching your brothers.  I love love love that you love me.  If I put you down and walk away, even 3 feet, you look at me with the saddest puppy dog eyes and pouty little face.  When I get home from work and call your name you look all around until you find me.  Then you reach for me with excitement and snuggle your little head into me.  HEAVEN!
Graham baby, you are heaven sent.  It has been exactly one year since we found out you were a boy.  And although it may have been a shock at the time, I couldn't imagine my life any other way.  You were indeed meant for this family.  You have taught us so much in your short 7 months.  Understanding, compassion, acceptance and unconditional love are lessons that you have brought to each one of us.  Thank you for being you Crackers.  We love you to the moon and back and back again!

  
Photobucket

No comments: