1.25.2012

Round Two

With three boys that have all been prone to ear infections I have gotten to be very good friends with this 



It's a miracle drug for fussy, hurting, infected little boys.

Graham had his first ear infection 6 weeks ago.  We treated him with antibiotics because it appeared a little more purulent than Dr. C would like to see.  We completed a 10 day course and went on with out life.  Graham, however, never quite got back to his norm.  I blamed it on teeth.  I was sure those suckers were coming any day.  After all, it couldn't be his ear, we treated it... right?  I took advantage of all the extra snuggles and the clinginess and treated the little guy with some occasional Tylenol.
He wasn't super fussy, but he just wasn't himself.  But how could I, a nurse, take him in to the doctor and say, he doesn't have a temperature, he isn't super fussy or inconsolable, he isn't constantly rubbing his ear, but he's just "off"?  I should know what's wrong with him, right?
Well, I got over myself today.  I bit the bullet and took the poor little guy in.
Sure enough he still has his double ear infection.  And it's worse.
Way to go nurse mom.  You rocked this one... NOT!



Photobucket

No comments: