1.18.2012

Oh how far we've come

Today marks the anniversary of the day that we found out Graham Henry would be born with a cleft lip.  If you asked me that day where we would be in one year I may not have been able to answer you.  The tears, the fears, the unknown, it was all so overwhelming.  I was pretty sure my life was over.  I questioned every thing there was about life and God.  How could He do this to our family, to me?  How could He do this to my baby?  Why?  
I vividly remember feeling like I couldn't breath.  I was pretty sure my life was ending.  
Well, here I am.  Here we are.  We survived and we are better than I ever could have imagined.  Graham is the best thing that could have happened to our family.  So, apparently, The Big Guy does know what he is doing.  After all, He doesn't give you more than you can handle, right?  And although my baby was born different than most, he was born perfect in our eyes.  Just the way he was meant to be. 
So, for all those out there that are facing an unexpected diagnosis don't be ashamed to feel your feelings.  Let them loose.  But know, you will make it through and there IS a reason.  I truly believe that God choses us for these babies because He knows we are exactly what they need.  
Have faith and trust in Him.  

Photobucket

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Love this post! A lot changes in a year. And baby G is PERFECT!!! And about to crawl! :-)

Heidi Bruch said...

Amen, sister. God only gives us as much as we can handle. Seem times it feels like a lot, but it somehow does int he end. He's gorgeous. Then and now.

Jenny said...

Amen! Great post!