1.06.2012

Our little Christmas

Merry and Bright!

It all started out when we picked out our tree.
Although a certain mom was VERY ill prepared for some VERY cold weather it turned out to be a success.  Thank goodness for bonfires to warm our hands and hot cider to warm our hearts.  Lauren and Jeff, lets do it again next year, but this time we will bring jackets and wear socks.

Then came the decorating.  Graham was a huge help finding all the dead bulbs on the light strand.
I couldn't have done it without him.


Christmas Eve was here before we knew it.  We dressed in our Holiday best and headed off to mass.  Following service was the annual Rockwell Christmas Eve dinner.

The Big Guy in red even made an appearance.

Anxious to see what he might bring them the boys had a tough time going, and staying, asleep.
After a late night of making sure everything was perfect for Santa I hopped into bed at 0200.  Not more than 45 minutes later we hear the pitter patter of Tyler's feet out in the living room.  He came running into our room proclaiming, "Santa came and I got Lego's!".  Much to his dismay we shooed him back to bed for at least a few more hours.  15 minutes later there is a rustle in the living room.  Could it be Santa again?  Nope, just Tyler back to see his loot.  After much coercion, and maybe some threats, he got back into bed with strict instructions to not get out until at least 6:30am.
Somehow we made it to 7.  We woke up the little boys and made the traditional stroll to the living room.  That's when Alex finally got it.  "A twain set.  Santa brought me a twain set, wif Thomas and Percy too!".




My best gift of the day, a no pay.  ALL. DAY. LONG.
I got to be home and celebrate with my family!

We played, rested, and played some more until it was time for dinner at Nana and Boppa's.



I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend Christmas.  All my boys are happy and healthy and I couldn't be more thankful!
Photobucket

No comments: